21 Apr 2016
Slices of 'twee bak' (pork shoulder) fried in a fiery sambal concoction of belachan, shallots, chilli, lemongrass, kaffir lime, tempered with tiny splashes of velvety Greek yoghurt, resting on cool sheets of thinly-sliced cucumber beneath a smokey air-fried eggplant disc
500g Pork (Twee Bak)
0.5 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 kaffir lime leaves shredded finely
1.5 tsb oil
1 tsb soy sauce
Cucumber, thinly sliced
Eggplant, sliced into discs and brushed with oil
2 lemon grass
5 dried chilled soaked in water to soften
2 cloves garlic
1.5 tsb shrimp paste
4 buah keras
1 thumb-sized galangal
• Boil pork in water for 15 min and slice thinly
• Grill eggplant slices in air fryer for 12 min at 180C.
• Blend paste ingredients together and fry in oil until fragrant.
• Add in sliced pork, salt, sugar, soy sauce to sautee
• Toss in kaffir lime leaves in last 30secs before taking off fire.
• On eggplant slice, layer on cucumber slices and pork mixture.
• Top off with a drizzle of Greek yogurt
21 Apr 2016
Nutty-textured, rich black glutinous rice pudding with a hint of sweetness, on a cushion of creamy coconut custard, topped off with slices of fresh peach.
1 cup black glutinous rice
2 tsb brown sugar
1 cup water
2 cups coconut milk
2 tsb white sugar
• Combine rice, brown sugar, water and 1 cup coconut milk in rice cooker to cook.
• Once done, scoop rice mixture into ramekins until half or 3/4 full.
• Beat eggs, white sugar and 1 cup coconut milk together
• Pour mixture over the rice till full and cover with foil
• Place ramekins in rice cooker and pour in hot water enough to come about halfway the sides of the ramekins.
• Cook until custard is set
• Invert ramekin on to a plate to set rice pudding.
• Serve with slices of fresh peach