Catch new episodes of Eat List Star on Toggle every Thursday, answer two simple questions and stand to win a Philips airfryer (worth $459) for you and your friend.
Log on to Eat List Star’s Facebook page to find out more!
Terms & Conditions
1. The contest (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") is produced by Mediacorp Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "MPL"). These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all stages of the Contest.
2. All participants of the Contest must follow the procedures provided to them, including all instructions set out herein this website, over the air or by any publicity materials provided by MPL at any time and from time to time, including all instructions shown on screen during the programmes (hereinafter referred to as the "Programs") or otherwise.
3. The Contest is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Singapore who are 18 years old and above as of the date of participation. All participants below 18 years of age are required to obtain their parent's / guardian's consent before they participate in the Contest and shall provide the particulars of their parent(s) / guardian(s) to MPL during the submission of the participants' particulars when taking part in the Contest and as and when required and/or requested by MPL. The participant(s) warrant to MPL that they have the legal capacity to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) employee(s) of any company in the Mediacorp group of companies (“Mediacorp Group”) and close relations of such employee(s), and (b) the employee(s) of companies that provide direct sponsorship of productions of MPL. Each participant shall only be entitled to one entry and each winning participant shall only be entitled to one prize. Any previous winners will not be entitled to enter or participate in the Contest again.
5. Each participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested in the Contest, by MPL or otherwise. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by MPL) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclamation of any cash and/or prize won.
6. The participant shall not, without the prior written approval of MPL, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest. The participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to MPL and/or any company in the Mediacorp Group to any other party.
7. MPL reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered. All prizes won by the participant shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
8. MPL, as producer, does not undertake any responsibility to ensure that prizes will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. No agreement shall arise or be constituted, and no obligation will be incurred by MPL or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason of the participant(s)' participation in the Contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participant(s) as a result of or on account of the Contest. MPL shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by MPL or any sponsor, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the participant(s).
9. The Contest as broadcast, publicized, promoted or marketed on the Programs or otherwise shall be deemed and construed as an invitation to treat and the participant's offer to participate in the Contest shall not be deemed accepted unless and until confirmed by MPL by return reply to the participant through the Contest participation media of MPL's acceptance of the participant's participation. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the Contest at any time without prior notice.
10. Each participant shall bear each of their own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from their participation in the Contest, including (without limitation), telecommunications, network, SMS and all such other charges and outofpocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in connection with the Contest and no reimbursement may be sought from MPL.
11. By participating in the Contest, the participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by MPL arising or with respect to the Contest and the participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to MPL all consents and waivers necessary for MPL to record and use the participant(s)' performance, appearance, likeness and/or particulars as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as MPL shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that MPL shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by MPL,including without limitation the information on the Contest submission, telephone call, telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Contest. The participant hereby expressly waives any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the provisions of the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (and any subsequent enactment or amendments thereto) and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any part of the world.
12. The selection and number of judges, and the manner in which the Contest is judged, at each stage of the Contest shall be at MPL's sole and absolute discretion and the judges' and/or MPL's decision at all stages of the Contest is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by MPL and/or the judges concerning, without limitation, the rules of the participation, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the puzzles set on the Contest, interviews with the participants (if any), the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest including the production thereof.
13. As and when required by MPL or otherwise, the participant shall produce his passport or identification card for verification purposes.
14. In the event that the Contest requires, entails and/or calls for the participant to submit any entries (whether in a tangible and/or intangible form) and/or to contribute and/or record any performance by the participant (the "Entry"), the participant hereby agrees that the ownership of the Entry and any and all intellectual property rights (if applicable) in and to the Entry shall vest and belong to MPL solely and absolutely. In the event that the Entry is of an intangible nature, the participant shall ensure and procure that all necessary and applicable rights, clearances, licenses, waivers and/or assignments relating to, arising from and/or pursuant to the Entry are obtained for the purposes herein. The participant hereby waives any moral rights and the right to object to any derogatory treatment of the participant's Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, unless expressly permitted by MPL at its sole and absolute discretion, MPL shall not be obliged to, and the participant shall not be entitled to a, return of the Entry.
15. Noncompliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions shall immediately disqualify the participant from further participation at any stage of the Contest, and any cash and prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
16. MPL reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions and the Contest without prior notice to any participant. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability to any participant(s), to disqualify any participant(s) from the Contest at any time at its discretion.
17. Participants agree that their personal data may be used by MPL and Mediacorp Group (collectively “Mediacorp”):
(a) For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to the participants and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) To verify and process payment when the participants purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
(c) For verification and record of the participants’ personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with the participants.
(d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) For publicity and promotional purpose.
(f) To contact the participants for future casting opportunities.
(g) To send the participants notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
(h) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against the participants.
By participating in this Contest, each participant consents to MPL collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing his/her personal data for the purposes as described in the clause above. The participant further agrees that Mediacorp can transfer his/her personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the clause above. For any questions relating to MPL’s collection, use and disclosure of personal data, please contact MPL’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
18. MPL shall be under no liability whatsoever to the participant(s) or the participant(s)' personal representatives, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the participant(s) arising from or pursuant to the Contest or for any loss, damage or injury to life or property sustained by the participant(s) at any stage of the Contest and during production thereof, unless such loss, damage or injury is caused by MPL's gross and willful negligence.
19. The participant shall indemnify and keep MPL and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees ("the Indemnified Parties") fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the participant's breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
20. By his/her participation, the participant accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
22. No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.