A man was left fearing for his life when he discovered a huge venomous lizard attached to the side of his house.
Eric Holland was left shell-shocked when he emerged from his front door and saw the five-foot-long Lace Monitor, which carries a venomous bacteria in its mouth, clinging on to the brickwork beside his porch in New South Wales, Australia.
Speaking to the MailOnline, he said: "I was just going outside to have a stretch when he waddled up to me and reared up. If it was a Martian I wouldn't have had a bigger shock. I have lived here for 18-years but I have never seen a lizard that big before. It was huge."
Eric managed to get a picture of the reptile before it scurried off and he ran indoors for fear of being bitten or scratched.
He added to the radio station 2GB: "Well, it was a bloody big shock mate. I nearly trod on the bloody thing."