Man swallows 3 lighters and tweezers

A man has had to have three lighters and a pair of tweezers removed from his stomach

Man swallows 3 lighters and tweezers

A man has had to have three lighters and a pair of tweezers removed from his stomach.

Hua, from China, left doctors baffled when he turned up at the surgery to reveal he'd gobbled down the object following an argument with his wife over what to watch on TV.

According to the Daily Star newspaper, the doctor said of Hua's method: "It is extremely dangerous. The sharp heads of the tweezers could have easily pierced the patient's liver."

It took surgeons 10 minutes to find the tweezers with an endoscopy, but were even more shocked to discover three partly corroded lighters were also in his stomach.

Hua - who is known to his friends as Mister Impulsive - later claimed he'd swallowed the lighters two years ago and had forgotten about them.

The doctor added: "The corroded lighters could have burnt a hole in his stomach."

Report a problem