Puppy caught in fire becomes fire safety instructor

A puppy that was almost left to burn to death has been made an official member of the Hanahan Fire Department.

Puppy caught in fire becomes fire safety instructor

A dog rescued from a fire has become part of the team.

Jake the pup was only a few weeks old when he was left burning in a garden shed last September.

And now South Carolina firefighter William Lindler - who saved the mutt who suffered 75 per cent burns - has adopted him and the canine has since been making regular visits to Hanahan Fire Department and comes along with William to help teach young children all about fire safety.

Of Jake, William told Bored Panda: "I would like for them to know that no matter how bad it is, this little guy beat the odds being burned as bad as he was at four weeks old and he's still beautiful."

Report a problem