Woman flies frog 500 miles

A woman flew a frog 500 miles to a vet after she accidentally ran it over with her lawnmower.

Woman flies frog 500 miles

A woman flew a frog 500 miles to a vet after she accidentally ran it over with her lawnmower.

Min Tims was left distraught when she discovered she had gouged open the animal's head with her grass-trimming device but refused to just let it die and, instead, flew her new green friend to a special hospital in Cairns, Australia.

But once he arrived at Frog Safe - a conservation group in tropical Australia - staff quickly realised the animal also had an underlying condition - two internal parasites.

Speaking to The Dodo, Deborah Pergolotti, president of Frog Safe, said: "Compassion and empathy for all is what the future of this planet is dependent upon. If people can nonchalantly turn away from someone who needs help -- including small animals -- then we as a species may not deserve to be helped ourselves."

The frog was given antibiotics to clear up the medical issues and managed to make a full recovery.

Report a problem