Partygoer goes A and E for broken fingernail

A partygoer who broke her fingernail on a night out rushed to A&E to get it glued back on.


A party-goer was rushed to A&E after she broke her fingernail on the dance floor.

Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth Hospital

officials in Dorset have revealed the unusual incident was one of their most memorable cases they have ever witnessed at their site.

According to the Daily Mirror newspaper this news as part of a campaign to people wasting the emergency services time.

Geoffrey Walker of Poole hospital said: "A&E departments are for serious illness or injury and it's important to stress that the vast majority of patients do access the service appropriately.

"For those that don't need A&E there are many alternatives."

Report a problem