Rules & Regulations
The competition is organized by MediaCorp, with the support of SingTel and DBS. Participants must submit to MediaCorp via the official contest website www.toggle.sg/99sme, their video entries for the Competition.
The top three video entries will be selected, and the SMEs featured in these three videos will receive a $100,000 advertising grant. The three participants of the winning video entries will also win $200 cash prize.
No fee is payable for participation in this contest. However video entries which do not meet the technical requirements will be immediately rejected.
The vote is open to all individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age and above.
Each voter is entitled only one (1) vote per day.
By participating, each voter agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “T&Cs”) and the decisions of MediaCorp Pte Ltd, which are final and binding in all respects.
Video submission opens on 18 Sep 2015, and will close on 16 Oct 2015.
Voting of the best video opens on 19 Oct 2015, and will close on 1 Nov 2015.
Terms & Conditions
1. The contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is produced by MediaCorp Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “MPL”). These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all stages of the Contest.
2. All participants of the Contest must follow the procedures provided to them, including all instructions set out herein this website, over the air or by any publicity materials provided by MPL at any time and from time to time, including all instructions shown on screen during the programmes (hereinafter referred to as the “Programs”) or otherwise.
3. The Contest is open to all residents of Singapore who are 18 years old and above as of the date of participation. Persons below 18 years of age are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The participant(s) warrant to MPL that they have the legal capacity to participate in the Contest in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Each participant hereby expressly consents to, and grants to MPL, its principals, agents, representatives, successors and/or assigns the right to use the participant’s particulars in any manner as MPL shall see fit. In particular, MPL shall have the right to contact and/or mail the participant (whether electronically or otherwise) at any time with information and/or mailers containing customer service, business, marketing, advertising and/or promotional information of any kind, whether or not related to MPL’s programmes, contests, promotions and/or activities.
5. Each participant irrevocably releases MPL from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, or damages which such person may have in connection with his or her particulars or information, being (i) used by MPL (or any third party which MPL has released the particulars/information to) in any manner or format; or (ii) disclosed or otherwise provided by MPL to any third party as provided herein.
6. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) employee(s) of any company in the MediaCorp group of companies (“MediaCorp Group”) and close relations of such employee(s), and (b) the employee(s) of companies that provide direct sponsorship of productions of MPL or prizes to MPL. Every participant is limited to only one entry. Each winning participant shall only be entitled to one prize.
7. Each participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested in the Contest, by MPL or otherwise. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by MPL) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclamation of any cash and/or prize won. The participants irrevocably grant MPL the right to use such particulars in any manner as MPL may deem fit.
8. The participant shall not, without the prior written approval of MPL, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest. The participant shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to MPL and/or any company in the MediaCorp Group to any other party.
9. MPL reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered. All prizes won by the participants shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
10. MPL, as producer, does not undertake any responsibility to ensure that prizes will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. No agreement shall arise or be constituted, and no obligation will be incurred by MPL or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason of the participant(s)’ participation in the Contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participant(s) as a result of or on account of the Contest. MPL shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by MPL or any sponsor, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the participant(s).
11. The Contest as broadcast, publicized, promoted or marketed on the Programs or otherwise shall be deemed and construed as an invitation to treat and the participant’s offer to participate in the Contest shall not be deemed accepted unless and until confirmed by MPL by return reply to the participant through the Contest participation media of MPL’s acceptance of the participant’s participation. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the Contest at any time without prior notice.
12. Each participant shall bear each of their own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from their participation in the Contest, including (without limitation), telecommunications, network, SMS and all such other charges and out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in connection with the Contest and no reimbursement may be sought from MPL.
13. By participating in the Contest, the participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by MPL arising or with respect to the Contest and the participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to MPL all consents and waivers necessary for MPL to record and use the participant(s)’ performance, appearance, likeness and/or particulars as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as MPL shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that MPL shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by MPL, including without limitation the information on the Contest submission, telephone call, telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Contest. The participant hereby expressly waives any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the provisions of the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (and any subsequent enactment or amendments thereto) and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any part of the world.
14. The Winners hereby agree to grant MediaCorp the irrevocable, global, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free licence to publicize, showcase and reproduce the submitted video entries in any manner on any media platform for any purpose.
15. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by MediaCorp for the following purposes:
• For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
(a) consent to MediaCorp and/or MediaCorp’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described above;
(b) consent to MediaCorp and/or MediaCorp’s group companies transferring your personal data out of Singapore to MediaCorp’s and/or MediaCorp’s group companies’ third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described above.
If you have any questions relating to MediaCorp’s and/or MediaCorp’s group companies’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please email to DPO@mediacorp.com.sg, or such other person as MediaCorp may designate, from time to time, whether by informing you through any letter, circular, notice, email or on MediaCorp’s website at www.mediacorp.sg.
16. The selection and number of judges, and the manner in which the Contest is judged, at each stage of the Contest shall be at MPL’s sole and absolute discretion and the judges’ and/or MPL’s decision at all stages of the Contest is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by MPL and/or the judges concerning, without limitation, the rules of the participation, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the puzzles set on the Contest, interviews with the participants (if any), the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest including the production thereof.
17. As and when required by MPL or otherwise, the participant shall produce his passport or identification card for verification purposes.
18. In the event that the Contest requires, entails and/or calls for the participant to submit any entries (whether in a tangible and/or intangible form) and/or to contribute and/or record any performance by the participant (the “Entry”), the participant hereby agrees that the ownership of the Entry and any and all intellectual property rights (if applicable) in and to the Entry shall vest and belong to MPL solely and absolutely. In the event that the Entry is of an intangible nature, the participant shall ensure and procure that all necessary and applicable rights, clearances, licenses, waivers and/or assignments relating to, arising from and/or pursuant to the Entry are obtained for the purposes herein. The participant hereby waives any moral rights and the right to object to any derogatory treatment of the participant’s Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, unless expressly permitted by MPL at its sole and absolute discretion, MPL shall not be obliged to, and the participant shall not be entitled to a, return of the Entry.
19. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions shall immediately disqualify the participant from further participation at any stage of the Contest, and any cash and prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
20. MPL reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions and the Contest without prior notice to any participant. MPL further reserves the right, without any liability to any participant(s), to disqualify any participant(s) from the Contest at any time at its discretion.
21. MPL shall be under no liability whatsoever to the participant(s) or the participant(s)’ personal representatives, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the participant(s) arising from or pursuant to the Contest or for any loss, damage or injury to life or property sustained by the participant(s) at any stage of the Contest and during production thereof, unless such loss, damage or injury is caused by MPL’s gross and willful negligence.
22. The participant shall indemnify and keep MPL and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (“the Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the participant’s breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
23. In the event of any breach of any of these Terms and Conditions by any of the participants at any stage in the Competition, MediaCorp reserves the right to disqualify his/her entry and if such disqualified participant was a Winner, to select an alternative Winner to replace the disqualified Winner.
24. By his/her participation, the participant accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
24. No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.