1. “EAT LIST STAR” (hereinafter referred to as the “Programme”) is produced by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Mediacorp”). These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all stages of the competition, the Programme and production thereof.
2. Each contestant must complete Mediacorp’s official “EAT LIST STAR” application form (the “Application Form”) and attend any and all requisite briefing or pre-show sessions. Only successful applicants will be notified.
3. Contestants must be of at least 21 years of age as of 16 November 2015. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Programme: employees of Mediacorp and related corporations or any of the Programme sponsors and their immediate family members.
4. Contestants must be able to converse in English fluently.
5. Contestants must reside in one of the following countries: Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
6. By submitting his/her application, the contestant accepts to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and by all Programme rules and guidelines which may be prescribed by Mediacorp from time to time (“Rules & Guidelines”).
7. All video entries and materials submitted by contestants may be used by Mediacorp without restriction for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, editing, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast or posting. Contestants must waive all copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary rights, publicity rights and their right to be credited by Mediacorp for all materials in relation to this competition. Contestants must ensure that all video entries and materials submitted for the purposes of this competition and the Programme will not contain any third party material and Mediacorp’s use of such videos and materials will not infringe any third party rights.
8. Contestants must be available to travel to and stay in Singapore from 13-17 March 2016 (or such other dates as may be notified by Mediacorp). All flight and other travel expenses to and from Singapore shall be borne solely by contestant. Meals, on-ground transportation and accommodation in Singapore will be provided by Mediacorp. At Mediacorp’s option, there may be additional filming/recording sessions conducted and the contestant must attend at any and all such additional filming/recordings sessions. The foregoing notwithstanding, Mediacorp has the discretion to amend or reschedule all recording dates by notifying the contestants in advance.
9. With full title guarantee the contestant hereby irrevocably assigns to Mediacorp (including present assignment of future copyright) the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to his/her contribution to the Programme, including video entries, auditions and interviews, such that Mediacorp shall be entitled to use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contribution by all means and in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the Universe for the full period of copyright including any extensions and renewals thereto and thereafter insofar as is possible in perpetuity. Furthermore, the contestant irrevocably grant all consents and waivers as required under the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore as may be amended from time to time (the “Act”) or any similar laws of any jurisdiction to enable Mediacorp to make fullest use of the Programme without restriction. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp may edit, adapt, translate or remove any part of the contestant’s performance and/or contribution.
10. The contestant hereby irrevocably waives in respect of his/her contribution to the Programme, including auditions and interviews any and all “moral rights” which the contestant may have now or in the future including without limitation any of his/her rights under the Act or any similar laws of any jurisdiction and acknowledge Mediacorp’s right to use his/her name, likeness, voice and any biographical details, photographs and recordings separately from or in conjunction with the Programme or sponsorship thereof in all media and formats throughout the universe including but not limited to Programme-related web-sites or other online media and in advertising, publicity, sponsorship and exploitation material.
11. The contestant agrees that his/her contributions to the Programme will not infringe the rights (including copyrights) of or defame or embarrass any person, firm or company (including Mediacorp or any company in the Mediacorp Group).
12. Mediacorp’s decision at all stages of the competition and during the Programme is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The contestant shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by Mediacorp and/or the judges concerning, without limitation, the rules of the competition, the rules of the Programme, and any other matters relating to the Programme, interviews with the contestant, the award of prizes.
13. The contestant acknowledges that he/she will be required to prepare and cook culinary dishes (“Dishes”) as part of his/her participation in the Programme. The contestant warrants that he/she will use properly cleaned and fresh ingredients in the preparation of the Dishes, that the Dishes are suitable for human consumption and that the Dishes will not cause any person who consumes the Dishes to become sick or ill. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise specifically agreed, Mediacorp will not reimburse the contestant in respect of any and all expenses incurred by the contestant in the preparation and cooking of the Dishes.
14. The contestant confirms and undertakes that he/she shall not drop out of any stage of the competition, the Programme and/or during production thereof.
15. Each contestant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested in the Application Form.
16. Each contestant’s personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp”) for the following purposes:
(a) for the purposes of the competition and the Programme;
(b) for verification and record of personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with the contestant;
(c) for research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(d) to send contestants notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp;
(e) to comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against a contestant.
17. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you:
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in Clause 18 above;
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in Clause 18 above.
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Contestants who fail to attend rehearsals, recording sessions or other events related to the competition, the Programme and/or production thereof may be disqualified if the reasons for such absence are found to be unacceptable by Mediacorp. Mediacorp further reserves the right, without any liability to the contestant, to disqualify any contestant from the Programme on the grounds of undesirable conduct and/or appearance. Each contestant will indemnify Mediacorp for any and all damages, losses, costs and expenses incurred as a result of such contestant leaving the Programme without Mediacorp’s permission, as determined by the Mediacorp.
19. The contestant is in a fit mental and physical condition to participate in the Programme and all other events related to the Programme, including without limitation auditions, promotional/ photo-shoots, promotional events and interviews.
20. The contestant shall not, without the prior written consent of Mediacorp, speak to the press or other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the competition, the Programme and production thereof, the contestant himself/herself or other contestants nor disclose any information whatsoever relating to Mediacorp and/or any company in the Mediacorp Group.
21. During the voting stages, the contestant cannot induce others to vote through (i) any incentive, sweepstakes or other promotion; (ii) misuse of “bot” technology to rake up false votes; or (iii) any other fraudulent mechanism as determined by Mediacorp in its sole discretion.
22. Mediacorp reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered. All prizes won by the contestant in the Programme shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
23. Mediacorp, as producer, does not undertake any responsibility to ensure that prizes will be delivered by the sponsors to any prize winner. No obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason of the contestant’s participation in the Programme or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the contestant as a result of or on account of the Application Form or the Programme. In the event that the sponsor fails or refuses, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer the prize or make good on its promise or offer to the contestant, Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for losses (of any nature whatsoever) arising from such failure or refusal.
24. As a condition to entry and participation in the Programme, each contestant represents and warrants that he/she has not entered into any contractual or other arrangement which might prohibit or prevent the contestant from participating in the Programme, broadcast, promotion, sponsorship or distribution thereof.
25. If a contestant is selected to participate in the Programme, he/she agrees not to appear or participate in any other talent shows or competitions of any nature for the duration of the Programme and for a period of 3 months after the first transmission of the final episode of the Programme.
26. If a contestant is selected for the Finals, he/she agrees to attend any event, programmes or make other appearances as requested by Mediacorp from time to time within a period of 3 months after the first transmission of the final episode of the Programme.
27. Each contestant agrees and acknowledges that he/she is fully aware of the nature of the Programme and the risks associated with the activities that are required to be undertaken arising from the Programme and accordingly, each contestant shall take all necessary precautions, care and attention and shall obey all safety instructions, directions and requirements of Mediacorp designed to minimise risk of loss, damage and/or injury to the contestants. Arising from the foregoing, each contestant hereby expressly agree and acknowledge that Mediacorp shall not be liable for any loss or damage or injury to any contestant or any of his/her property caused by or suffered during or in connection with the Programme, including without limitation, as a result of personal injury, invasion of privacy, libel, defamation or infringement of copyright, unless caused by the gross negligence of Mediacorp and recoverable on that ground following judgment of a competent court of final judgment.
28. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms & Conditions or of the Rules & Guidelines shall immediately disqualify the contestant from further participation at any stage of the competition or the Programme, and any cash or prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
29. Mediacorp reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms & Conditions or the Rules & Guidelines without prior notice to any contestant.
30. The contestant shall indemnify and keep Mediacorp and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (“the Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the contestant’s breach of any of these Terms & Conditions.
31. For the avoidance of doubt, the contestant acknowledges and agrees that the copyright and all intellectual property rights in and to the format of the Programme vests in Mediacorp.
32. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.