Cadbury Dairy Milk have launched an album of songs titled 'The Sound of Flavourites' composed by London Contemporary Orchestra.
Several British celebrities attended the launch of the LP in London on Tuesday (23.02.16) including Ashley Roberts, Lilah Parsons, Fern McCann, Ashley James and Matt Johnson and listened to the record.
'The Sound of Flavourites' was commissioned by the favoured chocolate company after research conducted by scientists at Mindlab found flavour and sound dimensions are closely linked, and listening to music can enhance the snacking experience.
What's more, amplitude, frequency, volume and pitch are the key factors that significantly enhance or negatively affect a snacking or dining experience.
The result is a nine-track album of songs that have been expertly crafted to celebrate and enhance the nine different flavours in the Cadbury Dairy Milk range.
The top 5 flavour and sound pairings identified are:
1. Low pitch complements nutty flavours
2. High pitched music complements crunchy texture
3. Steady rhythm complements smooth texture
4. Mellow sounds complements soft spongy textures
5. Up-tempo sounds complements surprising textures that pop and crackle