A man set his house on fire by trying to smoke out wasps.
Three fire crews were called to the rental property on Glasseys Road, near Southbridge - 50km south of Christchurch in England - at around 6.40pm yesterday (21.04.16) after a man tried to destroy a nest using a makeshift blowtorch made with a spray can and lighter.
Southbridge senior firefighter Ben Wilson said: "It's a bit of a shock that someone might have done that. It's a good time to remember that aerosol cans and lighters are not a safe approach to any form of blowtorch.
"There was potential to lose the house, there was nothing stopping it completely engulfing the house in flames."