A teenager needed rescuing after putting a padlock through his ear.
The boy thought the security device would make the perfect fashion accessory, although swiftly realised he had made a huge mistake after snapping it shut without knowing the combination to unlock it.
Firefighters were called to rescue the boy from the heavy weight hanging from his earlobe, using bolt-cutters to cut him free.
A spokesman for the force in Ashford in Kent, England, told the Daily Star newspaper: "I'm not sure he thought it through. There is a lesson here - don't put a padlock through your ear if you don't know the combination."