A dog had to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing a Nintendo game cartridge.
Rocco the Staffordshire Bull Terrier was taken to the vets when he began vomiting and couldn't eat and an X-ray showed a rectangular-shaped object in his small intestine that turned out to be a game.
The four-year-old animal was forced to a life-saving procedure and his owner Sean Johnston insisted he was "shocked" at the discovery.
He said: "He wasn't acting himself at all and we were worried he'd eaten a corn on the cob, but we were so shocked when the vet said it was from a video game.
"We don't own a Nintendo or anything like that so we're baffled as to where he got it from.
"He's a rescue dog and we've only had him for about six months so the only thing we can think is that it was from his previous owners - who knows how long it's been in there."